• What information does Biomass Knowledge Portal include?
Biomass Knowledge Portal includes information about biomass policies, regulatory orders, successful case studies, literature including reports and research papers on biomass resource potential, biomass conversion technologies, biomass magazines, etc.
• Does the portal include all biomass technologies?
At present, only thermo-chemical biomass technologies are available on the portal.Other biomass technologies will be available soon.
• Are all updated central and state policy and regulatory orders related to biomass power available in the web portal?
Yes, this portal provides updated information on central and state biomass policies, tariff orders and regulatory information.
• Is access to state wise information on portal easy?
The state wise information on biomass resources, policies, regulatory orders and implemented and approved biomass projects is available under the quick links section.
• What other contents are available on the portal?
The portal has an extensive library comprising biomass related magazines, case studies, articles, reports, research papers, etc.
• Is content on this portal open to the public?
The content available on the portal is open to public. However, the information contained is as provided by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), respective agencies/companies/media and is not subject to any specific requirements, nor will it be uninterrupted or necessarily real-time. MNRE will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages (including lost data, information or profits) sustained or incurred in connection with the content provided.
• Can I download from this site?
The portal has a download section, from where one can download technology notes, case studies, research papers, reports and magazines.
• Do we have any discussion platform on Biomass Knowledge Portal to discuss the queries related to biomass power?
The discussion forum on biomass knowledge portal is LinkedIn based. This forum provides all stakeholders with the opportunity to get their queries clarified on issues related to technology, regulatory and financial barriers of biomass power in India through knowledge and experience sharing.
• Can we contribute to this portal?
Yes, stakeholders can contribute to the portal through their questions, ideas and views with the help of the discussion forum.
• Do we need login and password for the interactive discussion forum?
For joining the forum, the stakeholder has to send a request to the portal moderator. The request link is available within the discussion forum and Quick Links section of the portal.